Quote Of The Day
–Eliud Kipchoge talking about why he went out in a ridiculous 4:22 for the first mile and 13:48 for the first 5k at the 2018 Virgin Money London Marathon. In the end, he still did what he always does – win. An amazing 9th straight victory for him at the 26.2 mile distance.
London spends a TON to get the greatest fields in history but then they kill of a ton of excitement by getting the pace so wrong year in and year out. This is not an isolated incident. Last year, the race went out in 14:11. The year before, it was 14:16. WR pace is 14:41. All of the alpha males and females need to be reigned in with rabbits that don’t go out ahead of WR pace.
Super Hot on LetsRun: Official 2018 London Marathon Live Discussion Thread
- Get your picks in $200,018 London Marathon Running Warehouse Prediction Contest
- Josh Kerr breaks NCAA record 3:35.01!! @Clay Invite
- Holy crap. Yuki Kawauchi had 1 plan for Boston - To break Galen Rupp. That's why he went out in 4:37!!
- London Marathon - Half way split
- You are walking in the woods and come upon a suitcase filled with a million dollars.
- It's currently 39 degrees & raining w/ 18-20 mph winds in Colorado Springs, CO...I just went for a run
- Are there still better recruiting offers?
- Desi's Shoes - Clearly Brooks' version of 4%
- My T&F coach said I shouldn'r run too many miles
- If not the jacket, what IS ok to wear from Boston