Quote Of The Day
“My go-to joke when people ask why I’m still at it is that “being a runner is the second-worst thing you can be, after not being a runner.” I’m infinitely more satisfied having tried and failed than having left potential untapped, having walked away wondering what if. Maybe someday I’ll wake up with no goals left to accomplish or no desire to pursue them, but until then, I’ll keep risking disappointment for a shot at fulfillment every damn time.”
“I’ve been to a lot of marathon finish lines and the beauty of humanity laid bare gets me every time. But CIM also let me see a different moment, one that I’ll never forget as long as I live. So many of my favorite running memories are tied to competing, scoring points for my team, and winning. But that morning in Sacramento, I ran mile after mile next to dozens of people just like me as we shared bottles, blocked wind, and chased the same dream. Not one of us cared about place; we weren’t playing a zero-sum game. Some of those runners I’ve known for years and some I’ll never know, but in those moments, we were all brothers.”
“Gratitude is easy on good days. The bad days force you to take stock of what’s most important to you, and for me, it’ll always be the ability of the running community to bring people together and bring out the best in all of us. It’s because of them that I know more good days aren’t too far away.”
–David Melly, writing on Citiusmag.com after blowing up over the final 4 miles of the Cal International Marathon and failing to qualify for the 2020 US Olympic Marathon Trials after running 2:21:59.
- USATF Club Cross Country Championships at Lehigh thread. Entries are near an all-time high. What's the buzz?
- Edward Cheserek is engaged!
- Yeah or neah: Should a cross country coach go up on the awards stand with their team?
- Has anyone watched the new movie/documentary, "Running in North Korea"? Thoughts?
- Why is Texas so Bad at NXN?
- Japanese authorities will now start testing at HS national champs for.... iron injections.
- Did the BYU and Arkansas athletes really pay their own way to Boston last weekend to compete 'unattached'?
- Canadian power Guelph is imploding but no one is talking. What is going on?
- Is it worth it to drop out of college, coach myself etc...
- Which is better for a middle school kid with not much training, a 69 second 400 or a 6:07 mile?
- Inadvertently didn't pay $4.00 EZPass toll in Delaware. Got bill for $91.50. How in the world is this legal? Options?