Quote Of The Day
“Four years ago, I could have competed in the Olympics. I could have signed a big sponsorship contract with a shoe company. But as my mental health deteriorated, my physical health went with it. I was sidelined by a string of injuries caused by my disordered eating. As my weight dropped, my bones became weaker and began to break. I needed help, and thanks to friends and family, I was able to see finally how deep I’d gone. So instead of competing in the Olympic trials in the summer of 2016 and signing a pro contract, I entered into a treatment program for my eating disorder. That’s how horrible things had become …”
“When I crossed the finish line in Atlanta this year, my full, messy story was out there. And, to some degree, the media and people on the outside wanted to put a nice tidy bow on it. They wanted this marathon and the Olympics to be my new story: the next phase of Molly the Runner. But the reality is much messier. I will never overcome my eating disorder. I still struggle: I relapse and I actively deal with the ups and downs that come with chronic OCD, depression and anxiety. It’s not something that a nice tidy bow – like the Olympic trials or even the Olympics – can disguise.”
– Olympic marathoner Molly Seidel opening up some more about her struggles in an article on ESPN.
- Is Galen Rupp's 10,000 AR on battled time. Shadrack Kipchirchir going for it on WR day on October 7th
- Japanese college coach thinks the Covid-19 are way too strict and will result in a suicide - What do you think?
- What percentage of American males aged 18-30 can run a 6:00 mile?
- George Manangoi joins the army
- Cool video: On the 20th anniversary of his Sydney Olympic 10,000 gold, Haile G reflects on the top 5 moments of his career.
- Pacing times for 2020 London Marathon men's race are announced
- This is Covid Reality: 2020 Venice Marathon will take place with 2 entrants, 1 male, 1 female
- 20-years ago was Magic Monday in Sydney. Was that the greatest night in athletics history?
- The way i see it, its a big **** you at COVID if Bekele wins this